In recognition of National Philanthropy Day, the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation is excited to announce and recognize the donors who helped us reach and exceed our $10,000,000 We Believe Campaign Goal for the future of Alpha Delta Pi.
This five-year comprehensive campaign was initiated in August 2013 and publicly announced at the Sorority’s 164th Grand Convention in June 2015 with more than $6,000,000 in gifts and pledges committed at that time. The Foundation’s goal was reached more than a year earlier than was initially planned and projected.
Named the We Believe Campaign, the overarching appeal to donors was the ability to designate their gift – impacting all areas of Foundation support. With a comprehensive appeal, donors were encouraged to make gifts of any amount through ongoing support of the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation’s Annual Fund, to establish or help create restricted funds, or with documented estate gifts by donors age 65 and older.
Led by Campaign Chair and Foundation Trustee Tracy L. Garner (Zeta Omicron – Georgia Institute of Technology, 1978), this Campaign was the single-largest fundraising effort in the history of Alpha Delta Pi.
“Our volunteer leadership with 24 sisters from across the country serving on our Steering Committee and We Believe Committee, allowed us to expand our reach and encourage sisters from every age, chapter, and geographic region to be part of this incredible effort.”
Following are some of the milestones generated through this landmark Campaign:
- 61 new scholarships established for members pursuing undergraduate, graduate and continuing education opportunities;
- 21 new chapter leadership funds, allowing more members can participate in Alpha Delta Pi leadership development programs;
- Three educational housing funds were created to encourage donors to make tax deductible contributions for the qualifying educational spaces within their local chapter houses; and
- Two new history endowments ensuring the Sorority’s place in history continues to be an educational focus.
The Foundation’s single largest gift of $1,000,000 was committed through the We Believe Campaign, combined with contributions at every level including:
- 41 Alpha Delta Pi collegiate chapters and house corporations that gave gifts ranging from $2,500 to $50,000;
- 59 individual donors who gave $25,000 or more;
- Nine gifts of $100,000 or more; and
- More than 6,200 new donors from August 1, 2013 – August 21, 2016.
A highlight of the $10,226,600 We Believe Campaign total, was a one-day total of $393,680 received from 1,718 gifts on the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation’s Inaugural Day of Giving. The 27-hour We Believe. We Give. Day of Giving was largely successful thanks to more than 153 digital ambassadors who took to email, text messages and social media to encourage their sisters, friends and family to donate in support of Alpha Delta Pi.
Alpha Delta Pi Foundation Board President Dawn Victor-Herring shared, “We are grateful for the tremendous generosity of our Alpha Delta Pi alumnae, spouses, parents, friends and family who made this Campaign the success that it has been. We Believe that this sets the course for our Foundation and that this milestone is just the start as we strive to further our mission to Educate. Lead. and Serve. our members for generations to come.”
In addition to the $10,226,600 received through the We Believe Campaign, Alpha Delta Pi chapters and alumnae associations have also raised more than $3,901,424 for our philanthropic partner Ronald McDonald House Charities and other non-profit beneficiaries.
A We Believe Campaign Celebration was held in late August, with plans to continue the celebration across the country through the Sorority’s Grand Convention in June 2017.