The Executive Office Internship Program is a 6-week summer experience for undergraduate members. Interns call Memorial Headquarters home during their time in Atlanta, but also spend a day in Macon, GA to visit Wesleyan College, the Cannonball House and Rosehill Cemetery. We are willing to work with any level college student and strongly encourage emerging leaders to apply for this summer experience. This is an unpaid internship, though we welcome the opportunity to award academic credit.
Opportunities during the Executive Office Internship may include but are not limited to:
- Educational workshops about Alpha Delta Pi and personal development
- Assisting with the preparation, execution, and “behind-the-scenes” work for Grand Convention
- Meeting with current and past Grand Council members and International Officers
- Assisting in the development of Alpha Delta Pi marketing materials
- Volunteering with the local Ronald McDonald House Charities House
- Learning the roles and responsibilities of Executive Office staff and International Officers
- Working with the archivist on various historical documents and projects
- Assisting with receptionist duties
For more information, view the official Intern Information Sheet.
Click here to apply to be a 2017 Executive Office Summer Intern!
Applications are due January 15, 2017 by 11:59 PM EST.
In addition to the application, all applicants must secure a minimum of THREE recommendations, but no more than FIVE total, by no later than January 15, 2017. Recommendations from your Collegiate Province Director and a member of your Chapter Advisory Board are required. Other recommendations may be written by:
- District Team Director or other members of the district team
- Fraternity/Sorority Life Advisor
- Current/Past Employers
- Residence Hall Supervisor
- Personal/Family Friends
Please do not ask a family member to write a recommendation.
You will be asked to supply the name and email address of each individual writing you a recommendation on the application form. These individuals will be emailed asking them to submit their recommendation. Please note: only online submissions via SmarterSelect, the application website, will be accepted. Even if you are still unsure about completing the application, it is best practice to go ahead and ask for letters of recommendation to be submitted on your behalf.
Questions can be directed to Meg Hoffay at Alpha Delta Pi Executive Office.