- What personally identifiable information is collected from or about you through the Website or otherwise, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on or through your use of the Website. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us through the Website or via email or other direct contact from you.
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- That identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, other personal information, or any other identifier by which you may be identified, located, or contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment and operating system you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website, such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Unless you ask us not to, we may provide your personal information to third parties for the purpose of sending you materials. These materials may include Alpha Delta Pi newsletters, magazines, periodicals, or other physical or electronic communications. These materials may also include information from third parties regarding products and services offered to members at a discounted or special rate as a benefit to members. However, we contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We will also use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
If necessary, to fulfill your request or for the purpose for which you provided it, e.g., ship an order, we will share your information with a third party outside of our organization.
Otherwise, we will not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties.
We may share personal information that we collect or you provide to other members of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority as part of a searchable directory of members. However, all members must agree that such information is confidential and is to be used only for the legitimate business and stated mission of Alpha Delta Pi. Member information is not to be used to contact members for the purpose of solicitations, sales, political campaigns, persuasive messaging with the intent to generate a response or action, or mass personal outreach of any nature. Note that designated chapter officers, advisors, alumnae association officers, and house corporation officers may submit a Data Request for official Alpha Delta Pi business such as chapter/association/corporation newsletters, anniversary events, etc. Any member found in violation of this will receive an Opportunity To Be Heard letter and will have their access to Pride Online turned off for a defined period of time.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any law enforcement, government, or regulatory request.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us or third party vendors offering member programs or any of the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personal information. The computers/servers in which we store personal information are kept in a secure environment.