We are tremendously grateful for the support of our sisters and Foundation friends who make it possible for us to provide emergency grants to members in crisis, scholarships and leadership training for collegiate and alumnae sisters, resources to fight hazing and support mental wellness, funding for the preservation of monuments and memorials unique to our history, and so much more!
Our last giving year running from August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020 was a tremendous success. We received more than $3,917,000 in support from our donors, including an amazing $545,805 on our 5th annual day of giving. It was another milestone year, and we couldn’t have done it without the loyal support of our members and friends. Thanks to their generosity, the Foundation was able to provide the following during the 2019-2020 giving year:
- 232 competitive academic scholarships worth $192,350 for undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education study
- Grants to universities to honor new Alpha Delta Pi chapters and milestone chapter anniversaries on their respective campuses
- Investment in the preservation of objects, documents, photographs, and stories in a user-friendly online platform
- Grants to the sorority for the preservation of our archived collection in the Adelphean Room of the Cannonball House and the Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald Memorial in Macon, Georgia
- Grants for qualifying spaces in seven chapter houses thanks to the donors who invested in those projects
- Educational programming for chapter members, advisors, and alumnae attending Officer Academy, Adelphean Compass, and virtual leadership programs
- Resources for our undergraduate members in the continued fight to prevent hazing, to support mental wellness, and in programs to address sexual and relationship misconduct, binge drinking, hazing, and bullying
- Funding for Alpha Delta Pi Leadership Consultants who visited nearly every Alpha Delta Pi chapter
- More than $49,000 in Abigail Davis Emergency Grants and Clasped Hands Fund Grants to collegiate and alumnae members in financial distress
- Resources for our members as they worked to raise more than $1,004,000 for Ronald McDonald House Charities and other non-profit organizations through their philanthropy events
Gifts given in support of the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation provide essential resources for Alpha Delta Pi sorority’s educational, leadership and philanthropic activities. Established in 1983 as a separate 501(c)(3) organization, the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation accepts tax-deductible gifts to fund a variety of opportunities that benefit Alpha Delta Pi and its members, as well as the community at large.